Monday, August 22, 2011

My Day and My Circles

I've a backlog of things to post, pictures to upload, and even a video staring a forklift - how cool is that?! Playing catch-up, though, so all that wonderful media will have to wait.

A long overdue thanks to all my friends that made it out for my birthday nearly two weeks ago now. Red ambushed me with a surprise gathering of all my circles, which was quite odd and wonderful all at once.




Two of my traits that I hold to be very strong characteristics are my aversion to attention, and my favor towards one on one relationships. I've never thought either of these two to be good or bad, but simply a part of my makeup.

Birthdays just aren't my thing - never have been. Too many conversations about myself, too many eyes when a present comes out, too much attention for my comfort. Not to say I'm a convert, but the night was well enjoyed, and I'm thankful for all that made it out for a drink. Red especially.

When I say that I meet with friends, it usually means only one person, two at most. I don't exactly try to keep my Venn Diagrams from crossing over too much, but it's just what I'm comfortable with. I've always felt that I bring more to the table when it's me and another - one on one; less static, more sincerity. Seeing my friends mix it up, talking and interacting, was a bit surreal and dreamlike, as I always have them in separate sections of my brain. Was good though, to see them all laughing together and smiling at stories. Makes sense though. If they vibe with me, why not with one another?

_______________
2Pac - Can't C Me
Ending Note: Venn Diagram simile provided by Logan Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews