Thursday, October 6, 2011

Growing Older


Oh so very tired. But that's hardly out of the norm, so...

What's the above picture look like to you?

When I was a kid, I didn't have many friends - none really until junior high. I made friends up. In my head. I met a new person a week ago that struck me as having absolutely no creative process whatsoever. Like, none. As though that spot in the human body where creative thinking usually resides, was instead, replaced with tapioca. Or Jell-O. Or some other inane, mediocre dessert that nobody would ever be excited about.

In contrast I met another new person just today that struck me as intelligent, open-minded, and absolutely in love with art. Needless to say, I was enraptured. She'll be back by the shop tomorrow - let you know how it goes.



This past Friday, went into the city with DS and Stucco to a film night thrown by Sam, of Autofuss. We hung with some hipsters, watched Total Recall, and had awkward conversation with some caterers.

Stucco: "Which one you like more?"
Me: "Could go either way. Ro-sham-bo?"


Finished the evening back in Oakland, where we met with NY at a Korean bar we've been frequenting since somewhere around 2005. It's the type of place where I'll never know what it's called, underage youngsters drink heavily, and smoke billows out if you hold the door open too long. Reminds me of my own youth.

Christ I'm old.

_______________
Radical Face - Ghost Towns
Ending Note: This Sunday is Canadian Thanksgiving. Be nice to your local Canadian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews