Thursday, July 14, 2011

Almost As Cute As The Sea Otter

This past weekend, poked around Solano Ave. with Red.

Got myself a beverage as we made our way around. It's not like you'd expect from the visual; I was hoping for refreshing and crisp, but was hit with bubbles and syrup. Should know better, I know.

Red bought me a pin:



In the seventh grade, I wrote a paper for my life science class about platypuses. I learned a number of things, such as, the males have spurs on their feet that are filled with poison, their offspring are born from eggs, and that they have a sense or electroreception. Observation and interaction without seeing a thing; pretty amazing I think.

We do this sort of thing all the time though, if you drag a magnifying glass over your everyday life.

Feeling like someone just entered the room. Waking up right before your alarm clock every morning. Changing the radio station in the car without even looking away from the road. Sure, it's all tied to muscle memory, circadian rhythm, and a plethora of other biological reasons, but it's still interesting.

Course, I'm the guy with a pin of a platypus on his Timbuk2.

_______________
Death Cab For Cutie - Title Track
Ending Note: I made lasagna and ate a bunch. I'm a fatty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews