Saturday, July 9, 2011

Living The Dream

Nearly gave myself a hernia today.

Had to load a truck at work, and there wasn’t enough room, so I decided to store a 12K fresnel on a shelf.

This, folks, is one of the main reasons I gave up the freelance electrician life – after eight years, I’ve acquired a bum wrist, bum knee, bum back, and bum shoulder.

Only bums I’m interested in nowadays are directly connected to cute brunettes. Zing.

Opposite of this, is something I found attached on the front of one of our trucks that’s been out on a low budget feature for the past three weeks.



This (as scary as it seems) is one of the things I miss most about the set life; the silly, moral boosting, crew bonding shenanigans that goes on to just get through the show. That, I do miss, and wish I hadn’t given up.

Me: "What'd you do today?"
Wonger: "Went to work. You know, living the dream."
Me: "Yeah?"
Wonger: "Yeah. Wasn't my dream, but you know..."

_______________
The xx - Heart Skipped A Beat
Ending Note: You should go watch Beginners. Yeah, you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews