Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Cost of Living

Spent today with my old roommate DW in the city. We're looking to combine forces once again, and find some housing - preferably in Potrero, Hayes, or anywhere mid-city really. Tough going though, with the housing market the way it is.

We're looking $2300 or lower for a two bedroom apartment, and only had two viewings today. I guess that's not so bad - I can remember college in Santa Cruz where I shared a two bed, one bath with three other guys; we would each pay $600 a month. 

Supersaturated markets are the pits.

On a different note, I have a couple cousins that live in the Davis area, and this seems to be causing some concern. Occupy stance aside, I found the concerns over the role of the police an interesting point of the article.

In the times of terrorism and economic strife, we probably need more of this protect and serve, rather than distrust and fear.

Think back a bit - what did you first think or feel the last time you saw a cop on the street?

_______________
Silversun Pickups - The Royal We
Ending Note: Short week coming up. And pumpkin pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews