Saturday, November 5, 2011

Occupy Something



Red gave me a call around 5:00 PM.

Red: "They're kinda close. Can you close the shop early?"
Me: "No. Should really stay till closing."

At first I was confused as to why they were here - there is nothing around the shop, but roads and cats. Then again, I guess shutting down a port draws some attention.

It's not that I'm against the movement, but this sort of hubbub just seems saturated in bad press and more harm, than good, for the cause. You can't differentiate the anarchists, skulduggery, or clueless followers from the message. It seems most people I've heard from have had more pride in the fact that they're part of this piece of history, than pride in the sort of change they're pushing; not to say that the former is invalid, but isn't the whole point of this to achieve something?

Me: "No, yeah, they're really close. I'm getting out of here."
Red: "Bye."

_______________
Grand Hallway - Blessed Be, Honey Bee
Ending Note: Condolences to the Runway Style House that was vandalised and robbed during the general strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews