Monday, November 7, 2011

The Snow, The Water, It's All The Same

The snow season is inching its way into the world again. On an average day on the mountain, I spend the first half easily carving wide S's in the snow, staying off my ass, and enjoying some leisurely speed. The second half is most different; this is the time that I acquire plenty of bruises, and test the limits of my ability.

The way I see it, a lift ticket is plenty expensive, so I better learn something from the day - get better at snowboarding though practice. So the second half is full of foolhardy maneuvers that combine speed, jumps, different stances, and a reckless abandon for safety. I consciously better myself.

These two are worth a listen:

Here and here.

It's true. You do have to force yourself to remember the things you've learned, and force yourself out of those ideas, and grow. You have to choose to learn and be better, instead of playing it safe and comfortable.

_______________
Jaymay - Color Confused
Ending Note: Snow day in Sundance?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews