Monday, November 28, 2011

Finding Home: Part III

NY and DS came with me to my parents' pad for Thanksgiving.

My father's side of the family consists of my immediate family (7) + my grandmother (1) + six uncles and their children, and grandchildren (roughly 30) + an aunt and her children, and grandchildren (7). That makes about 45 folks, although about 30 make it to Thanksgiving each year.

Absolutely love the fact that I grew up with so many people that I got to see eight to ten times a year; now that we're older, the family gets together about half as often. To me, slamming mahjong tiles, sounds of bullets flying and swords clashing from a big screen TV, a never-ending onslaught of food, and too many bodies in a house, well, that makes family. And family is synonymous with holiday.

In less than a month, we do it all again, but at my uncle's place instead.

Thanksgiving, Christmas, family, home - it doesn't matter where, it's all the same to me.

_______________
An Horse - Dressed Sharply
Ending Note: My mom is a better cook than your mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews